Who did I turn to in times of crisis when I was a child? Who was there for me..
Teachers. People who shared a caring heart were the men and women who I shared classrooms with.
I was often considered a teacher's pet. I would have conversations with them, and feel like they would listen. I am grateful for the big hearted teachers who touched my path.
Ms. McGuire.
Ms. Hansen.
Mr. Hubburd.
Mr. Sharp.
Ms. Wener.
Some would last long past the time when I entered their classroom. I felt like they saw me. Some of them understood me. It was nice and novel to have someone who was not always yelling or putting me down. I do not think my father understood the level of anger and pain he lived with. I think his father put him down too. What a sad thing, the passing along trauma in the Family circuit.
My other siblings had different family circumstances. Their father left them early on. My parents fought and arrgued for a long time before finally seperating. I used to wish that they would just be DONE with it! But no. They were both stubborn.
I did not have a healthy foundation for my adult relationships to be an example of. I have done so much healing work, with so many modalities. Goddess. So much time. And finally I feel like I am starting to make some progress. Those finely tuned defense mechinisms are starting to get less traction.
I have gathered tools to be able to share with others, so that they too may address the pain and hurt in their Hearts and Bodies. I love sharing my gifts. It helps bring context to my trials and tribulations.
No comments:
Post a Comment