I was touched by the power of the conversation of shame a few months ago. After watching http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame.html I took a look deep into myself. Where did I have unconscious shame in my Life?
Now this is a vulnerable question, to one such as I. I am a deep self-reflecting being. It is one of my gifts, and one of my challenges. I am able to tease apart each aspect of myself, however to allow myself to be Loved as a whole? That is a whole different set of integration.
So back to shame...This past week, I have had a very illuminating experience which brings up my shame for view. You see in my family we have a unconscious agreement to hide shame. Emotions are unspoken, generally and shame the most hidden.
I find deep shame in our family around money. Now, I sense this to be indicative of the whole of our Western "commercial" culture...like sex, money has gotten a skewed image. Also like sex, it is not "the thing" its self that is the cause of the challenges, it is...I believe...what we DO with it. What our intentions are for the use of it? How do we use the creative power within it?
In my own personal journey, I am called to become Intimate with Shame so that I can understand myself better. When I can understand how I am emotionally triggered then, I can create more space in the space between that trigger and reaction. I can have choices. And those choices ARE EMPOWERING!! Thus starting the healing process of the roots of the shame its self.
Currently I am reading Brene Brown's book: "I thought it was just me...but it isn't" I enjoy the philosophy of the more tools the better to get to know our whole selves. I love books for that very reason. They share stories, and I find myself in relation to different parts of myself.
The internal conversations ever continue.
Creating a prosperous heart one moment at a time...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete